mecoa .15 drowning in fuel

Ask your tech questions about MECOA engines here

Moderator: SteveM

mecoa .15 drowning in fuel

Postby weekend hack » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 pm

:? I have a new mecoa .15 (bought 5 yrs ago been in box) run in per instructions. Runs rough, fuel spitting out carb throat during high throttle setting. Will still run even if I turn neeedle valve in all the way(not well but still runs). To get it to run high speed the needle valve only needs to be turned out 2-3 clicks. Any more and the fuel will begin to spit out the carb and eventually quit if not run full throttle. Will not ilde. Seems to run better if I disconnect the pressure line from the muffler but not much. It is almost as though it is flooding and getting too much fuel. Any suggestions are appreciated. Been in the hobby for 13 years this engine stumps me. Thanks!
weekend hack

Postby MECOA » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:16 am

Check to be sure the needle is closing completely by blowing through the fuel line. If not the needle that is pressed into the knob may have moved back not allowing it to shut off completely.

The center needle just needs to be pressed deeper thru the knob.

I can reset the needle for just the shipping and handling charge of 4.99 if you are the original purchaser.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby weekend hack » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Thank you for your reply. Is that something I can do myself or should I send it in? :)
weekend hack

Postby MECOA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:13 pm

You probably could or if you send it in it wold just be the S&H of 4.99
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to MECOA engines Tech Questions