K&B .61 Missing Mystery Part

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

K&B .61 Missing Mystery Part

Postby Kalkan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 pm

I posted this in the R/C Engine section a few minutes ago before I saw the note to post such questions here.

I'm in the process of re-assembling a K&B .61 ringed r/c engine I tore down about 10 years ago to replace the bearings. I purchased it new around 1980 or so.. It has the block style K&B carb, with the needle-type idle mixture, not the disc type.

As best as I can recall, this engine had a machined aluminum "spacer" on top of the cylinder between the crankcase and head. This "spacer" has unfortunately turned up missing due to the many years of storage/moving.

I cannot find _any_ references to this part on the web or Mecoa.com. The 6550 parts diagram makes no mention of it.

Do any of you know where I could find a replacement, or at least a blueprint of the part so I could machine one? Is the current model head made to eliminate this "spacer" and could I just order a current head and use it with the original sleeve?

Thanks for any help,
Kal
Kalkan

Postby MECOA » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Many years ago there was one run of 61's that had a spacer under the flange of the sleeve. Is that what you are refering to? We don't have any. You can pick up a whole other used K&B 61 parts engine for a reasonable price.
MECOA
Site Admin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions