Maunfacturing deffect in 28 Sportster piston

All outboard, inboard and aero questions answered here.
ALSO Veco, Torpedo, Fury, & Stallion

Moderator: SteveM

Maunfacturing deffect in 28 Sportster piston

Postby BarryMartin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:39 pm

A few years ago I bought a cyl/piston assembly as a spare for my 2 K&B 28 Sportster engines. I now have need of it but when I came to fit the wrist pin I found that there was no blind hole in the piston. It has somehow not been machined at the factory. How can this situation be resolved without me having to buy another cyl/piston assembly.

Cheers
Barry Martin
New Zealand
BarryMartin

Postby MECOA » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Are you saying that the hole is only through one boss and does not go into the other boss?

There is no hole through the blind side (sometimes a smaller hole goes all the way thru)

You can send it back and I will replace it. Just pay postage both ways since it has been so long.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby BarryMartin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:11 pm

That is correct. There is a hole in one boss only. I would appreciate it if you would send me the postage cost to New Zealand. I am frequently on the USPS website so I know what it will cost to post the new cyl/piston assembly. I just need to know what you are going to charge. I appreciate the prompt reply.
BarryMartin

Postby MECOA » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:43 pm

12.99 as of 02-2008
Which is cheap with the value of the Dollar right now.
MECOA
Site Admin

Postby BarryMartin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 pm

OK I will get my defective part in the mail and could I also have a quote for postage to zip 92407 in the US. I have a friend there who could repost this part to me via USPS 1st Class International for $3.60. If your domestic postage charge is less than $9 this would be a better option. Sorry about the paranoia with postage cost, it comes from doing battle far to often with US Ebayers who think that international buyers are ignorant of the exact cost of US postage and of course in this case I am also being forced to pay for someone else's mistake which does not sit to well.
BarryMartin

Return to K&B Mfg. Engine Tech Questions