atwood .049 outboard

Just the boat engine stuff here

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

atwood .049 outboard

Postby happydad65 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm

does anyone have information on the atwood .049 outboard engines?
1. was there a collet to keep the flexshaft straight at the prop end?
2. were there different crankshafts in the early models that had a different connecting rod pin diameter? small screw type prop screw only not later larger prop shaft with nut.
i have two atwood .049 engines, (1 with broken piston), and an extra piston/sleeve combination, but the crank pin is smaller, (.085inch) on the "newer" piston/rod. the older one is .100inch so i cannot use the "newer? piston/cylinder sleeve on the old engine.
3. does anyone have any data, measurements, etc. on the atwood engines?
any advice/help would be appreciated.
happydad65

Postby MECOA » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 am

We don't I moved your post -- maybe some will know.
MECOA
Site Admin

atwood outboard

Postby unclecrash » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 am

Im in need of help too. I just picked one up with no crank or assembly that hooks the crank to the flexshaft. I might be able to help on your one question. Mine has a thread in brass piece that holds the fexshaft true at the bottom end. Hope this helps. Can you send me a picture of the inside part im in need of the collet or collet and parts that hold the flex to crank. I will check back in later. I cannot find no info on the outboard engine. I think we need to stumble onto someone who has directions. If you need I can send you a picture of the part bushing/nut setup. Thanks Dave

edit darn just relized this is old thread hope you still check in.
unclecrash

Return to Marine Engine Topics