REWARD for Recovery of Stolen Model Engines! Read!!

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

REWARD for Recovery of Stolen Model Engines! Read!!

Postby Seafury007 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:11 pm

On Monday Night 4/27/09 someone stole some High Performance rare engines from my trailer that was stored at a storage place in Palmdale. All the engines are rarer specialty hard to find engines. I am offering a $300.00 reward for the recovery of all or most of the following free flight type model airplane engines, especially the Nelson Engines:

(4) Nelson engines (Have N cast on the engine block). No size stamped on them but there was a .19, .21, .29, and .36 cubic inch displacement taken.
A Rossi 60 speed engine. (Larger, has Rossi cast on one side of engine block and 10CC Speed on the other side of the block) intake is from the rear.
A Super Tigre G65 engine (Has Super Tigre cast on block and a Big G with 65 stamped on the block, rear intake also)
Super Tigre G21/29 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 29 on the other)
Super Tigre G21/35 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 35 on the other)
Super Tigre G40 rear intake side exhaust that has the mounting lug holes elongated. (Has Super Tigre cast on one side and 40 on the other)
Zalp-K 15 F1C competition engine. This one has a prop brake, front intake with intake cover, pointed aluminum spinner.
Has Zalp cast on the side I believe
K&B engines, some front intake some rear intake
3.25cc engine (Has 3.25 cast on the engine block! Very rare!)
3.5cc engine. (should be like 2 or 3 of these)
6.5cc engine (should be 2 or 3 types of these, front intake and rear intake)
Cox TD 010 New in Original Plastic Case
Cox TD 020 New in Original Plastic Case
Cox TD 049 New in Original Plastic Case
AD 06 (Special Italian made, Has AD cast on case, front intake rear exhaust, .06 cu.in.)
Cyclon 15 (Russian made, .15 cu.in.)
Johnson 29R engine (Has Johnson cast on one side and 29R engraved or stamped in a milled flat spot on the other.

A Cox Conquest .15 model engine box

Also had spare parts for all these engines and a lot of New in Package parts as well for O.S, Super Tigre, K&B, and others.

Ignition Type Emgines with mini spark plugs and poits:
O&R 19 and 23 size (Have O&R Stamped on blocks and engine size 19 or 23)
Vivell 35 (Has Vivell stamped on engine block)
Super Cyclone 60 (Large, has intake tube from rear into block with amber plastic tank hanging from the tube at rear)

I am positive there is more engines and parts not listed that the thieves got away with and may be offering to sell along with these engines listed. I had the stuff stored for 5 years, just got a house, went to the storage on Monday to see what needed to be done to move the trailer. Had 2 flats. When I came back on Tuesday the engines were missing. I am really shocked and hurt. If you have had items stolen from you that you really cared about you know where I am coming from.
I have a one up on these thieves because these are not your everyday local hobby shop engines. If you could be one more set of eyes and ears out there for me it will make the difference and put some $$$ in your pocket.
Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank You, Robert (661) 609-9219 call me with any info PLEASE!
Seafury007

Postby walt » Sat May 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Does the storage place have camera security?
walt

Camera Security

Postby Seafury007 » Mon May 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Yes but the trailer was obscured and thieves came in and left totally obscured so finding the engines for sale at a yard sale, ebay, swap meets, or other online sites would be about the only way to nab the thieves.
I have postings at a few more popular sites under several topics like C/L Speed, C/L, Engine discussions, Airplanes:Wanted, etc...
I also called the few local hobby shops and pawn shops in the area as well.

Thanks
Seafury007

Return to General Engine Tech Talk