Need carbouretta for marine, max-s (os) 30rc, or alternative

Post the general engine topics that here.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Need carbouretta for marine, max-s (os) 30rc, or alternative

Postby stuarticus the faded » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:45 pm

I bought this engine for a boat that i've had for some time but needed an engine suitable, The engine is an OS,. max-s 30rc. problem is i can't locate a carb for it and it seems they don't make them any more, i'm frustrated as i didn't expect the carb to be a problem, the diameter of the hole the carb fits into is 11mm outer and 9mm inside if you know what i mean?
My local model dealer is a bit of an 'i know everything type of guy' and he smugly said there was no way i'd get the spare part and when i sugested that there could be a way to downsize or alter a different one he laughed and looked at me like i was totally stupid' Please can someone offer me a solution or any ideas that can put me closer to solving this problem, the engine seems in good nick and has plenty of compression so i'm sure with the carb it will jump into life!

Hope someone out there has some ideas please! Stuart, Devon
stuarticus the faded

Postby tperry2054 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:16 pm

Wil the regular R/C carb suffice? I'm not into boats but do have R/C carbs for that engine. I fly control line and don't use the carbs.

Tom Perry
tperry2054

Postby stuarticus the faded » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:52 am

HI, thats fantastic, can you e-mail me on my home e-mail . nsonnyjim@aol.com so that i can discuss money or whatever?
thank you,
Stuart, Devon
stuarticus the faded

Postby tperry2054 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:27 am

Stuart,

Check your email :wink:
tperry2054

Return to General Engine Tech Talk