Help with info on a Dennymite

An open forum to ask members questions about old time spark ignition engines.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Help with info on a Dennymite

Postby NJmc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm

I just found a antique dennymite engine and wood prop ( although the prop has been repaired and for display only) at an estate sale.
There are numbers stamped on the mounting plate that is (C143) or (0143).
There is no plug in it or gas tank, but everything else looks real good. Have just dismantled it and cleaning with WD40........will take photos and assemple. ( gaskets look good) and everything looks good inside.
Not sure if these are glow or plug as I have looked on the internet and have seen somethin mounted to the shaft with a wire......which this one does not have.

Can anyone help with info on identifying the model/year, or any specific guidance?

Thanks Mike
NJmc

Postby chiefss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Denny mites were made in 1937 by Reginald Denny of movie star fame. There were a couple different types and all were spark ignition. In good condition worth $250 to $375.
chiefss

Thanks Chief

Postby NJmc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:32 pm

chiefss wrote:Denny mites were made in 1937 by Reginald Denny of movie star fame. There were a couple different types and all were spark ignition. In good condition worth $250 to $375.

Chief
Appreciate the help........I will get some photos posted in a couple of days.
From some internet sites, it looks like an airstream model.
I lacking the gas tank ( which I see they sell repro's) and the ignition syst & plug. Still a bit confused over the attachment shown on some .........at the shaft with a lever ( possibly timing??)

All else looks great inside so far. I was in a display at the estate of a collector. The wood prop is there but has been repaired.
Looked interesting so I picked it up.

Thanks again...........am new to these as you can tell.
NJmc

Postby chiefss » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 pm

The lever is a spark advance. Airstreams go for about the same amount. Micro electric sells the ignition for these engines. Woody Bartelt owns the company
chiefss

Return to Spark Ignition Engines