Orwick expert

An open forum to ask members questions about old time spark ignition engines.

Moderators: Frank Klenk, SteveM

Orwick expert

Postby max hansen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:14 pm

Looking for someone that can tell me more about a Orwick than the Anderson book has in it . Has # 641494 in rear cover . Orwick stamped on top of exhaust stack . NO sign of it ever being painted & has a fair polish job . Need parts but wondering if worth the effort. Thanks for the help . MAX H. imaaamamaxh@santel.net
max hansen

Cunningham -Orwick

Postby max hansen » Mon May 24, 2004 6:52 pm

Found out what it is & have since rebuilt it & it was well worth the effort ! Many thanks to Fermin De Leon of Mexico & Burnis Ray who both supplied me with the much needed parts to complete the engine . I thank them very much & the other members of this site & MECA members who gave information & moral support . Special thanks to the MECOA people who have made this site available to the engine nuts of the world .As they say in England " Jolly good show" MAX HANSEN MECA 5182-04
max hansen

Anderson Spitfire 6100 series

Postby Harry H Risley » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:22 am

:? I just recently aquired this Anderson Spitfire 65. The engine looks great but I have lots of questions, since this is my very first sparky. What voltage do these engines operate on? Is there a deffinative scourse of information on these engines? How do I get it? What is the defination of life? Just kidding. I guess that will do for now. Should try to get it started first , then I'm sure that I'll really have a bunch. Thanks Harry
Harry H Risley

Ignition

Postby max hansen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:14 pm

Harry,Do you have the coil ,condencer ,battery box & hi-tension lead . They need these , fuel ,spark plug & a propeller. Check your plug & make sure it is not a glow plug . These use 3 volts to the coil . MAX H.
max hansen

Return to Spark Ignition Engines